RJD Engineering - vacancies
Steel Fabrication Estimator - Job Specification
Strictly no agencies
- Adhere to Company Policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, and Quality Management.
- Keep informed of industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Establish sales rapport with existing & new clients.
- Reporting to Chief Estimator.
- Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel, Projects)
- Read & understand engineering drawings & specifications.
- Good knowledge of International codes and standards.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of welding, TIG, MIG, MMA etc
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and practices.
- Liase with clients and engineers to assess material, labour and equipment & installation needs. May involve attending site meetings.
- Establish scope is within RJD capabilities, liasing with production, construction & quality departments as required.
- Undertake design review as & when the enquiry necessitates.
- Produce estimates to include material procurement from breakdown of drawings, supply, manufacture (shop hours), sub-contract services (painting, machining etc.) preliminaries and installation hours (discussions with construction department).
- Evaluate tenders and drawings from sub contractors.
- To establish contract terms & conditions, specification & programme.
- Issue timely quotations to the client in the form of letter or e-mail & follow up as necessary, including analysis of previous tenders won & lost
- Liase with Project Manager when any change of scope and associated costs / programme implications are identified with the Purchase Order, over and above that tendered.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager to Identify additional costs and programme implications as & when they arise during the contract. Advise the client of such in writing as soon as practically possible. Obtain confirmation to proceed with variation(s).
Strictly no agencies
RJD Engineering Company is one of the leading UK Fabrication Companies. Offering exceptional service and value